Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Wigs-Us "I wanna be Wanda Woodward!" (Cry Baby inspired makeup/wig look)


I have a huge love for the movie "Cry Baby". Wanda has always been my favorite character. So when I saw this wig, I immediately thought of Wanda and creating a similar look. I have been interested in trying out wigs for awhile now, it's the perfect way to try a new look without the commitment. They're also great for photoshoots, costume parties, Halloween or just for fun! I recently found this awesome store Wigs-US.com that has a variety of awesome wigs at really good prices!

I got the Julienne wig by Nirvana Wigs from WigsUS. There are many natural shades to choose from, such as auburn, brown, platinum blonde, black, etc. I thought the golden blonde shade would have a retro/vintage feel to it, and it's made of 100% Kanekalon! Kanekalon is a synthetic Japanese fiber that feels very similar to human hair. These wigs can also be washed with a mild shampoo/wig shampoo but they have to be allowed time to air dry. The inner cap on the wig is a net cap, and it is stitched very securely. There is an adjustable strap for a better fit. It was a little bit snug on my head (even wearing a wig cap, a wig cap is definitely required!) but I have a lot of thick hair. This wig is no ordinary "costume wig", that you might find at a generic Halloween shop, this is the real deal. This wig is available for purchase at the price of $39.95 too, which is really good for the quality.

I went for a Wanda Woodward (my favorite Cry Baby character)/50's inspired look and here are my results:


I was trying to do a "Wanda face" from this scene:

This was my first wig experience so it took a few tries to get the wig on properly but I had a blast and I think wigs might be my newest beauty/fashion obsession. I used to have blonde hair before I dyed it red, but I've always wanted to try a brighter shade of blonde. I have really really thick hair so sometimes it can be hard to style so I usually just scrunch and go. With the texture/natural body my hair has, this style may have been difficult to achieve with my natural hair so it was really fun and easy way to have a ready-made style. I also like that this wig comes in other natural hair colors, as well as brights such as pink and yellow - how cool is that?! This definitely made me want to try more wigs in the future!



1 comment:

Onlin e Beauty Products Shopping said...

Great review. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!