Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Anna Siivonen Jewelry


Anna Siivonen jewelry creates really pretty handmade silver, bronze, and titanium jewelry. The designs are really unique and whimsical. Anna's pieces are all handmade and she makes earrings, necklaces, and other wearable art. I really like how her pieces stand out from other cookie cutter jewelry designs. She has Barbie Skull earrings, metal Seashell pendants, Bunny Rabbit earrings. She even makes cufflinks too. I recently got her Large Spider Earring, which is a single earring meant to be worn in one ear only. I really like the unique design of the earring, and it's made of titanium so it's hypoallergenic for sensitive ears. My earring came packaged in a beautiful teal box, and though Anna is based in Sweden, it only took about a week or so for me to receive my package in the USA.




I really like the detail of the earrings, and the fun spider shape. The two front spider legs are earring hooks and can be worn through your ear, while the other legs curl closed. The earring fits in the palm of your hand, and it's a really fun piece that gets a lot of attention.



The spider earring is made of copper wire and titanium, with the legs wire wrapped adding detail to the spider body. The metal is oxidized to give it a slightly vintage or steampunk look.


I also like this cheek Mature necklace:


and these Snowflake cufflinks:


and this Heart Speech Bubble bracelet:


Check out Anna's jewelry on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnaSiivonen


No comments: