Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jewelry Showcase: Stuart Breidenstein Design



Have you heard of Stuart Breidenstein? If not, you should have. Stuart runs Breidenstein Design, which is a collective of his unique and fun jewelry designs. Stuart uses mediums like recycled wood, plastics, resin and more to create unique pieces that are both beautiful and modern. Stuart even has his own shop in Oregon, Stuart's of Bend, where his line is sold. His jewelry pieces are like mini works of art, in my opinion. Each piece is handmade and so brilliantly crafted and one of a kind as each piece will have unique properties. Stuart has a collection of jewelry called Go Robot that fuses art, science, and music in each stylish piece. I got the Mochi Earrings and they are seriously so pretty that they have become my new favorite pair of earrings.  Stuart uses recycle cocobolo wood as the base of the earring, resin for the beautiful blue sphere and sections of manzanita twigs as the inner accents. I've been learning to surf lately, and so I'm obsessed with the pretty thin wooden earrings and the bright blue of the resin, they also remind me of a vintage surfboard.

Mochi Earrings in their gift box

Ready to wear!
How awesome are these?! LOVE them. The colors look fabulous together, and I already got compliments my first day wearing these out and about. I love the natural feel of the wood and the smooth texture of the resin and the attention to detail of the beautifully sculpted design. The Mochi Earrings are only $48, which is an insanely affordable price for a piece that is essentially art for the ears.

Here are a few of the other Breidenstein Design pieces that I have my eye on:

Nerd Belt! Yes, it's made with real Nerds candy!
Barbarella Ring made of chunky resin
Dangling Urbanites Earrings made of sterling silver
You can check out Stuart's website Breidenstein Design to see more of his work, or shop online for his jewelry. You can also like him on Facebook, and if you live in the Bend Oregon area you can check out his brick and mortar store.

No comments: