Monday, February 1, 2010

Surly Girly Cosmetics


Introducing Surly Girly Cosmetics. I found this really fantastic brand straight out of California. A brand that knows that us girls have a multitude of moods and feelings, so our makeup should match that. Some days we feel girly and sweet, and other days we can feel sexy and super sultry. Hence the awesome name Surly Girly! Surly Girly offers lipstick, lipgloss, and eyeshadow. A lipstick collection of both Surly *and* Girly colors, same goes for the lipgloss and eyeshadow. They offer really pretty colors and their packaging is too cute! I just adore their logo, pictured above, too. Cute!!

 
Surly Girly sent me a few of their items to try and I was so excited to get to sample some of their awesome shades. First up, Surly Girly Lipstick. I tested out the Hollywood Scarlet, Inner Rage, and Jealous. All reds, all from the Surly section ;) I adore these colors! It was love at first application. The lipstick formula is very smooth, doesn't dry out lips, and the color is super pigmented. The Inner Rage color is a very warm red, the Jealous shade is a very vivid blue-red, similar to MAC's Ruby Woo. Hollywood Starlet is a very true red, gorgeous color! It's something that really makes your look "pop". When I first applied it, I had no other makeup on, but I found myself sneaking glances in the mirror. It looked good, even without a full face of makeup on. Hollywood Starlet is my favorite shade of lipstick from Surly Girly, and it's my new HG red! I actually liked it better than some MAC red lipsticks, and Surly Girly is $2 cheaper than MAC lippies. Each Surly Girly lipstick is $12 a pop. SO worth it!! Can't wait to try more of their lipstick shades.




Next up I tried a Surly Girly Lipgloss in Derby Girl, also from the Surly collection. Derby Girl is the second shade on the left, pictured above. First off, I love the lipgloss tube. It's cute and I like the SG logo on it. Derby Girl is a semi-sheer gloss that was pinky neutral with a kick! Very wearable, and something you could incorporate into your day-to-night makeup regimen. Definitely hoping to try some of the Girly shades in the future. I liked the feel of the gloss on my lips, very smooth. Each gloss is $14.




I also got to try some Surly Girly Eyeshadow. This time I tried two shades from the Girly collection: Flirt, and Hint of Mischief. Flirt is a very sweet pearly pink color that can be worn night or day, or used on the lid or highlight. Hint of Mischief is a lovely beige color that makes a great lid color. Once again, it's a color that can be worn night or day, as it's very versatile! Each eyeshadow is $9, and comes in either an adorable Surly black container black, or a Girly pink box. Too cute! 

I really like the Surly Girly Cosmetics brand.  Their products are high-quality, affordable, and they offer beautiful colors that offer their consumers a choice. Check out their website and see for yourself! :)

No comments: