Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Holiday Gift Guide: Bite Beauty [review + swatches]


My longtime affection for Bite Beauty is well documented. I have reviewed Bite Beauty products multiple times since 2012. Bite Beauty currently offers two sets that would make great gifts to introduce a new Bite fan, but their individual products definitely deserve recognition. Bite Beauty can always be counted on to consistently produce products with opaque color coverage with moisturizing properties.

Swatches were taken with a camera flash on bare lips. 

(rose berry)
Quince is one of my favorites from the nineteen shade selection of the unbelievably gorgeous High Pigment Pencils. These pencils are a huge hit with fellow bloggers, and makeup lovers. This is my favorite kind of pink: super vivid and packed with high intensity pigment. This shade looks great on a multitude of skintones. My best friend is Filipino, and it was actually a photo she uploaded on Facebook of herself wearing this shade that convinced me to pick one up for myself.

(deep poppy red)
Tannin is another selection from the High Pigment Pencils formula. This cranberry red shade would make a great lip shade for the upcoming Holiday season, or even if you just really love red lip colors any time of the year. The deep blue red is so saturated and beautiful. I think this shade looks even richer in person! According to Sephora, Tannin is limited edition. I really hope that this shade becomes permanent, because it's one of my favorite reds - ever. 

(deep pink/purple)
Framboise is a different formula (Matte Creme Lip Crayon) than the previously reviewed Quince and Tannin (High Pigment Pencils). This shade has a less prominent sheen than the High Pigment Pencils, but the moisturizing properties are the same and the opaque color coverage. This shade is a bit cooler in tone than Quince, but they are just two of the many gorgeous pinks that Bite Beauty offers.


Until next time!

-Ashley

No comments: