Tuesday, April 28, 2009

OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) review

First, let me give a HUGE thank you to OCC Cosmetics for sponsoring my latest contest! I love this brand!

Lip Tar in "Clear"

First, let me say that the available shades are gorgeous. I used the Lip Tar in "Clear" to mix with the loose powders to create lip gloss shades. You can mix the powder pigments with clear lip tar and make your own shades. I was experimenting with some avant garde makeup styles, and I mixed two shades of the loose color concentrates with the clear lip tar and applied some to my cheekbones. The effect was amazing.

Loose Color Concentrates(click for product)
I tried "Pollencount", "Cherry Bomb", "Glisten" and "Ironic":


"Pollencount" is such a striking yellow, it's extremely rich and the pigment is out of this world. "Tesoro" is gorgeous as an overglazed lip color over a peachy pink or nude lipstick. Love love love it.


"Ironic" is a gorgeous shimmery gray/silver, it looks amazing with a silver smokey eye. It really makes brown eyes pop, so I'm sure the contrast next to blue or green eyes would be amazing also. "Cherry Bomb" is a gorgeously intense fuschia pink infused with red shimmers. Mixed with clear lip tar, it is a very similar shade to MAC's lipglass "Style Minx" (from the Heatherette collection).

Nail Lacquer in "Rhythm Box"

I have lately been super interested in nail polishes, this is a bright violet shade. It's very sheer, but very buildable. Ever since I've been wearing lots of bright pink lipglosses and lipsticks, this really fits together with my overall 'look'.

Check OCC out!!

No comments: