Friday, March 6, 2009

Josie Maran Cosmetics review

This makeup brand was launched model, and actress Josie Maran. She has graced the covers of magazines like Self, Marie Claire, Shape, Glamour and Lucky. You may have seen her in commercials, films and print work as well. I remember the first glimpse I ever had of Josie Maran was a Maybelline Shiny-Licious lipgloss ad in a commercial. I thought the model was gorgeous and I loved the lip gloss shade she was wearing. I believe the shade was "Cola Float". I am reviewing:


Eyeliner in "Brown"
Black eyeliner can sometimes be harsh on fair skin, especially ever since I decided to dye my hair red. It can work of course for evening looks, or for a date...but as an everyday "going to the grocery store"? Black doesn't always cut it for daytime. So what better shade to use than a medium chocolate brown? It glides on very easily, and it has amazing staying power. Reminiscent of MAC's Eye Kohl in "Teddy". I love this.


Lipstick in "Curvaceous"
This is a gorgeous everyday shimmery coral lipstick. It's not too frosty, it's not too gritty, the consistency goes on pretty well and it has medium staying power. I can see this shade working on a variety of skin tones, even my mom likes it!


Eyeshadows in Sand, Rejuvenate
Sand is the color of well, sand. It's a matte golden yellow, like I previously mentioned, I could see this working for lots of people. Rejuvenate is a golden brown, also matte. I love that these eyeshadows are made with all natural ingredients, I just the idea of putting gross chemicals near my eyes. Especially for somebody kind of clumsy like myself, who often gets eyeliner in her eyes while applying, or eyeshadow flakes in her eyes while trying to apply to the lower lashline.

So try it out for yourself!

[Click the image to shop]


-ashley

No comments: